Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts’ big sister, makes for a perfect low calorie, inexpensive alternative to heavy dinners. I love cabbage, probably because I act like an 87 year old woman- it is so nutrient dense and makes your belly feel full and happy.
Try these oven roasted Cabbage Steaks with Goat Cheese and Crumbled Bacon!
1 Head of Green Cabbage
Mild Goat Cheese
- Slice cabbage about 3/4 inch thick
- Place cabbage steaks whole on to baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake in oven at 350º for 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness
- Top steaks with crumbled goat cheese and place back in oven until cheese is slightly golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Top with crumbled bacon and chives