“You gotta try this frittata” – this is quite possibly my best dad joke yet!
So one morning, I had all these fresh vegetables and some herbs and of course my fridge is always stocked with a million eggs, so I thought, hey, let’s combine this all together into one big protein packed breakfast. I might even re-create this one for weekday meal prep!
2 Full Eggs
1/2 Cup Egg Whites (Egg Beaters)
1/3 Cup Chopped Broccoli
1/4 Feta Cheese
1 Small Chopped Tomato
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and add the egg whites season with salt & pepper and whisk until fully combined
- Add about 1 tbsp olive oil to an oven-proof pan (preferably a cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the vegetables and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until slightly cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs and feta to the skillet then place the skillet to the preheated oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until just set.
- Sprinkle more feta on top and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese is browned.
- Top with fresh basil or any preferred herbs!