Zucchini is my favorite vegetable. Is that lame? I’m thinking of all the things I can do with the zucchini pancakes. These would be great as a tortilla substitute with a little Mexican seasoned ground turkey and the appropriate toppings or made into breakfast egg burritos. Mmmm, the possibilities. This morning I ate them by themselves with a little fresh tatziki sauce ( I know I’m spelling this wrong, but you get it).
See full recipe below!
Makes about 8 Pancakes
- 1 Medium- Large Zucchini Shredded
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Liquid Eggwhites
- 1/3 Cup Arrowhead Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- Seasonings: Dried Dill, Garlic Powder, Crushed Red Pepper, All-Purpose Italian Seasoning, Salt + Pepper I added about a dash of each or a 1/2 tsp
Served with a Quick & Easy Tatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup Fage Greek Yogurt (plain, can use low fat or regular)
- ½ of fresh Cucumber, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 small cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tsp fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried Dill
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
I used a 1/4 measuring cup to make sure these were all uniform. I spooned these on to a hot griddle, greased with a little cooking oil. They take about 2-3 minutes each! I flipped constantly to avoid burning. The pancakes are done when they are a nice golden brown color and get a little crust on the edges and the eggs are cooked all the way through!
Thats it! Go on and enjoy your day now, be active and feel great!